Thursday, January 22, 2009

Digitally disadvantaged :(

My digital camera stopped working the other day, so I need to use film. I'm lucky that I have my Mamiya RB67 and a decent supply of film.

Here is the RB being used to photograph some presents I got at the Spinners' Guild Christmas party last Friday (It had to be postponed due to bad weather). The camera doesn't have a built-in light meter (indeed, it's totally mechanical, so it doesn't even need any batteries!), so I used my Sekonic L-358 meter to measure the exposure. Also in the picture is my home made reflector panel, which I used for fill lighting. Now all I have to do is get the film in for processing.... and wait. How spoiled we have become with the instant gratification of digital cameras!

As soon as I get my pictures back, I'll post some here.

BTW, I took this pic with Maggie's 1.3 megapixel Sony :)

No comments:

Post a Comment