Monday, June 27, 2011

Rent-A-Cow

The Our Iowa Magazine "Rent-a-Cow" open house was held at Picket Fence Creamery yesterday. The event was attended by over one hundred "Renters", who came to visit their cow, not only from all over Iowa but as far afield as Missouri, Minnesota, New Jersey, Texas, and California! Here are some pictures of the day...


Iwo Jima, Iowa - Jeff raises the flag to start the events.


Nancy Wiebel of Our Iowa Magazine gets a kiss from Bonnie.


This is Bonnie's calf, Maxi.


One of the "renters",  Michael Bloom, came from San Diego, California to visit his cow with his daughter Emily and wife Melissa Swann-Bloom.


Aspiring cowboy Quinn Whaley from Eagle Grove, IA.


The star of the show, Bonnie!


One of the more unusual visitors at the event.


Enjoying the scenery. I wonder who these people work for?

There are more pictures here on my Flickr page.

1 comment:

  1. I get this magazine. I subscribed after reading a friends copy in Boone earlier this year. I was surprised to see your entry and looked closer to see where your from. Small world sometimes, isn't it. I can't even tell you how I ended up here other than I like to dabble in photography. It's been a while since I have played at photography. I'm looking for a new DSLR since my old SLR is outdated.

    ReplyDelete