Friday, October 7, 2011

Hypobloggia

Only two posts in the last two months! It has been quite a time! To catch up, here are a few of the things that happened, with pictures :)

It all started on the 3rd of August, when my brother Colm, and my daughter Aisling showed up on our doorstep. Apparently, I was the only person on the planet who was unaware of the visit!
Here they are with Maggie:


Maggie, Laura, and Becky did a triathlon


We took our visitors to the Iowa State Fair. They got to line up to see the Butter Cow, eat incredibly unhealthy food, and admire some very expensive agricultural machinery.


We also went to the Adel Sweetcorn Festival. There wasn't much in the was of exciting machinery, but the food was better.


There was the Magic Sample Sunday at Prairieland Herbs.


There were two other visits of family from Ireland (these I did know about), completing what will go down in history as III11(The Irish Invasion of Iowa '11). My wonderful niece, Claire, called in on her way to Australia, and my parents came over too.

Some more random pics: The epitome of Iowa - corn and sky.


And pretty wildflowers.


Oh, and I did a fun photography workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment